Doodle 4 Google is an annual competition held by Google where they get children from Kindergarten to age 12 to doodle a logo that will be featured on the Google homepage.
Each year Google choose a different theme for the doodle to based upon.
Here are just a few examples of past themes:
- What I see for the future… (2016),
- What makes me…ME. (2015)
- If I could invent one thing to make the world a better place.
- My Best Day Ever… (2013)
- If I could travel in time, I’d visit… (2012)
- What I’d Like To Do Someday… (2011)
- If I Could Do Anything, I Would…(2010)
I feel Doodle 4 Google is such a good idea as children can help to promote change. If a child draws a picture of what they think the future will look like and it is a huge war, this would shock people into action. I feel children can promote change in this way very well.